What Should I Bring Rafting in New Mexico?
- A water bottle with a secure lid.
- Sunscreen. New Mexico mountain sun can be intense!
- Wear clothes that dry quickly. Nylon or poly fabrics are best.
- On cooler days, bring wool, poly, or polar fleece clothing.
- On warmer days, a t-shirt and shorts are appropriate.
- Shoes that can get wet and that stay on your feet (no flip-flops).
- A change of clothes for the ride home.
- Optional: Waterproof Cameras, Sunglasses with a strap.
Please do not bring valuables, such as jewelry, on your New Mexico Rafting trip.
What Does Kokopelli Rafting Provide?
- Splash clothing to keep you warm and dry.
- A snack and drink on 1/2-day rafting trips.
- A dry bag for small items to be carried onto the raft.
- A full lunch and snack for full-day rafting trips.
What type of boat will I be in?
- Unless otherwise arranged, you will be on a paddle raft with a guide in each boat. The guide will call out instructions and you will help to navigate the river by paddling when asked. This is a fun team oriented way to enjoy our rivers. In some circumstances, an oar boat can be provided allowing you to hold on and enjoy the scenery without the necessity of paddling.
MEETING TIMES AND PLACES FOR NEW MEXICO RAFTING ADVENTURES:
RACECOURSE AM - TAOS COUNTY LINE - 10:00 AM
RIO GRANDE FLOAT - RG VISITOR CTR. - 10:15 AM
RACECOURSE PM - TAOS COUNTY LINE - 1:45 PM
TAOS BOX - SANTA FE, NM DEPARTURE - 7:45 AM -OR-RG VISITOR CTR. - 9:00 AM
RIO CHAMA - SANTA FE, NM DEPARTURE - 8:30 AM -OR-BODES GENERAL STORE - 9:30 AM
DIRECTIONS AND MORE...
SANTA FE RAFTING DEPARTURES
(available for all full day and multi-day trips)
Our Santa Fe pickup location is at 1401 Maclovia St Unit A, Santa Fe, NM 87505, near the intersection of Cerrillos Rd. and Maclovia Street, two buildings behind the AutoZone on Cerrillos. Look for the blue and white KOKOPELLI RAFTING sign.
From Albuquerque, take I-25 North towards Santa Fe to the NM-14 N / Cerrillos Road exit (EXIT 278). Continue on Cerrillos Road 5.1 miles to Maclovia Street. Turn left onto Maclovia Street. We are the second building back behind AutoZone, on the right.
TAOS COUNTY LINE
APPROXIMATELY 24 MILES NORTH OF ESPANOLA on New Mexico Hwy 68. Just North of Rinconada, five miles south of Pilar. Please park in the top lot, perpendicular to the river.
RIO GRANDE VISITOR CENTER
APPROXIMATELY 29 MILES NORTH OF ESPANOLA oN New Mexico Hwy 68. North of Rinconada, 5 miles past the County Line in the town of Pilar, across the Hwy. from the Pilar Yacht Club. Please park along the fence.
BODE'S GENERAL STORE
Approximately 17 miles north of Espanola on New Mexico Highway 84. On the east side of the highway and at the top of the curving hill in Abiquiu, please park in the dirt lot toward the back of the property. There is a general store and café available for snacks and last minute items!
All participants will be required to sign a Release and Acknowledgment of Risk form, which can be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Release and Acknowledgment of Risk Form [58kb]
If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader, just click below to download a free copy.